Job Title: Grant Writer
Description: Amanda Faye Consulting, Inc. seeks an individual to fill the role of grant writer. This position would fit best someone with 1-2 years grant writing experience who is interested in advancing their knowledge of grant writing and taking on more challenging projects. This position reports to the CEO.
Amanda Faye Consulting, Inc. focuses on clients in STEM research fields, predominantly in biomedical research, with 85% or more of our time spent on NIH grant applications. The candidate needs basic grant writing skills and interest in learning research grant writing from an expert.
Grants Writer Duties & Responsibilities
- Conducts grants prospect research
- Drafts grant narratives and other components of grant proposals
- Conducts relevant background research on topics related to client grant proposals
- Data entry
Classification: Remote, Part-time, non-exempt, contract-to-hire. This position is a six-month part-time contract-to-hire of 15-20 hours per week. At the end of six months, we will determine if there is a need for permanent employment and the status whether part-time or full-time. There is opportunity for this position to lead to full-time permanent status at the end of the six-month period.
Benefits: Sick time as per California’s employment is accrued sick leave at 1 hour per 30 hours worked.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Associates required. Real-world experience will be considered in lieu of university education.
- Demonstrated proficiency in using Microsoft Office products, especially PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Impeccable grammatical skills required as is the need to take dictation.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and manage project timelines. Ability to work independently and set priorities that advance Amanda Faye Consulting’s mission and visibility.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple job tasks.
- Experience using reference software such as EndNote preferred
- Preferred: Flexibility to respond effectively to changing priorities and fluctuating workloads.
- Preferred: Familiarity with online social media platforms, WordPress.
- Must be conscientious in attention to detail.
To apply, please send a cover letter summarizing your experience and interest in the position, a resume, and writing sample (optional) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A paid, test writing task will be part of the interview process.